In addition to custom applications, Vivid has developed a suite of Open Source products within the geospatial
research and development community. These products are currently being used around the globe. This has broadened our reputation for
excellence as forerunners in geospatial development at an international level.
Commercially, Vivid has recently teamed with a BC forestry
consulting company to develop eziLink™, a product that enables the forest industry to generate harvesting applications and report
silviculture obligations including both spatial and attribute information and submit them electronically to the
B.C. Government’s Ministry of Forests and Range.
JUMP Unified Mapping Platform
The JUMP Unified Mapping Platform is a GUI-based application for viewing and processing spatial data. It includes many functions common to other popular GIS products for the analysis and manipulation of geospatial data. The JUMP also provides a highly extensible framework for the development and execution of custom spatial data processing applications.
JUMP offers the following features:
- an interactive workbench for viewing, editing, and processing spatial data
- an API providing full programmatic access to all functions, including I/O, feature-based datasets, visualization, and all spatial operations
- a high degree of modularity and extensibility
- support for major industry standards such as GML and the OpenGIS Consortium's Spatial Object Model
- Open Source code written exclusively in Java™
JUMP has proven to be an extremely successful product which has been enthusiastically received by the geo spatial community. It is currently being used around the globe in a large variety of applications. Many applications have been built around JUMP, including Vivid’s own Road Matcher.
For a more extensive look at JUMP please visit www.vividsolutions.com/jump/.
Click for full-sized image ..