In addition to custom applications, Vivid has developed a suite of Open Source products within the geospatial
research and development community. These products are currently being used around the globe. This has broadened our reputation for
excellence as forerunners in geospatial development at an international level.
Commercially, Vivid has recently teamed with a BC forestry
consulting company to develop eziLink™, a product that enables the forest industry to generate harvesting applications and report
silviculture obligations including both spatial and attribute information and submit them electronically to the
B.C. Government’s Ministry of Forests and Range.
Vivid has recently teamed with the BC forestry consulting company Forsite to develop eziLink™, a document preparation product that
enables the forest industry to easily generate harvesting applications and report silviculture obligations including both spatial and attribute
information and submit them electronically to the B.C. Government’s Ministry of Forests and Range. This practical tool is simple to use,
straightforward in its approach and easily integrates both spatial and attribute data. It can be used as a stand-alone application or be
integrated through plug-ins with any existing Forest Management Systems that may already be installed by Ministry of Forests and Range clients.
FEATURES OF eziLink™
- Can be used without any third party software applications. No mapping or database system is required for creating a properly formatted submission document.
- Edit existing data or create new data through on screen digitization.
- Support for automatic re-projection of data from various projections to the supported submission projections.
- Support for standard projections utilized in British Columbia:
- BC Standard Albers Equal Area
- UTM NAD83 (all BC Zones)
- Geographics (latitude and longitude)
- Support for re-projecting CAD data.
- Supports basic layer theming and labeling of spatial data.
- Query and select of spatial data through attributes for incorporation into submissions.
- Validate topology.
- Perform spatial analysis on data such as buffering, overlaying, unions, etc.
Click here to visit the eziLink™ website and learn more about this product.